Where We Came From
Halethorpe Community Church began by the formation of the Everyman’s Men’s Bible Class, which first met on January 21, 1940. EMBC was an independent, non-denominational Sunday School class that drew men from various denominations in the area. The group first met in the American Legion Hall, moved to a room over the Halethorpe Pharmacy, to a renovated bowling alley, then eventually into the current property at 1312 Francis Avenue.
Over the past 75 plus years, there have been many ups and downs, trials and joys. There have been 9 Senior Pastors who led this congregation into a closer walk with the Lord. Halethorpe Church has seen many people come to Christ, as well as several families head out to the mission field.
Even after years of serving the Savior, Halethorpe Community Church continues to be a vital part of the community here in Southwest Baltimore, reaching upward in worship to God, inward to build the body of Christ, and outward to impact the community with the gospel.